These are the current Ministerial Directives (PDF Files) relating to the Office of the Police Commissioner:
- Appointments of Chief Officer, Deputy Chief Officer, Auxiliary Constable, Director of the Atlantic Police Academy, Instructing Officer, Police Cadet, Civilian Instructor - original directive dated August 2nd, 2011 and amendment effective March 1, 2019 (33 pgs). Instructions regarding the appointment and qualification regarding the identified officers.
- Police Records Management System - Effective January 18, 2019 (1 pg). Directing all police services to adopt the PROS as standard record management system and for the Office of the Police Commissioner to carry out an annual quality assurance review. Effective January 1, 2020 (1 pg). All occurrence records created by the University of PEI Security Police Service to be entered into the police record management system accessible to all police services in PEI.
- Identification Cards - - effective February 21, 2011 and amendment effective January 7, 2013 (12 pgs). Sets out requirements for Identification Cards mandated under the Police Act.
- Appointment of Security Police Officers and Extra-Jurisdictional Police Officer Appointments - (original directive effective December 1, 2010 and amendment effective July 4, 2012). Instructions regarding appointment of UPEI and extra-jurisdictional police officers (17 pgs).
- Criminal Record Checks - effective April 30, 2014. Requires candidates for appointment as a police officer to undergo a Certified Vulnerable Sector check (4 pgs).
- Compliance with Directives - effective June 15, 2015. Directs Chief Officers, Director of UPEI Security Services and Director of Atlantic Police Academy to provide documents and information that Police Commissioner deems necessary to complete reviews of compliance with directives of the Minister (2 pgs)
- Training - effective January 1, 2012 and amendment effective May 27, 2014. Sets out training framework (40 pgs)
- Assistance to Victims of Crime - effective November 25, 2011. Sets out requirement of police services to assist victims of crime (6 pgs).